Thursday, October 1, 2009

Even My Wife Admits This Is Cool

by Smitty

Do you ever take turns remembering fun stuff that happened a couple of decades back with somebody?

I turned up the Howlin' Hobbit on YouTube recently, and he happened to mention that he had no copy of his first release.

Rooting about (packrat that I am) I managed to come up with it, scan the J-card, rip the tracks to .mp3 and email them to him. The choice to do it in two pieces had to do with the attachment limit on Gmail.

Thus, nearly two decades later, did a prodigal recording return to papa. Here is a follow-up post.

I vaguely remember forgetting writing him the fan mail, but it's all quite pleasant to recall. Hopefully I'll make it back to the Emerald City and catch him live again.

No comments:

Post a Comment