Monday, August 10, 2009

No Douchebag Is An Island

Ross Douthat's latest column prompts Brad at Sadly No to observe:
"I can only imagine the Times’ copy editors reading this while slowly shredding their own faces off with cheese graters."
Of course, it's entirely possible that Douthat's column has genuine merit, but I'm not going to bother to read it and find out one way or the other. He never linked me when when he had a blog at The Atlantic Monthly, so he's just a stuck-up douchebag in my book.

So far as I know, Douthat never linked any conservative bloggers. He therefore has no reason to expect that we should defend him when Brad imagines the New York Times editors asking themselves, "We're paying him how much to write this s***?"

Hey, Ross: You went to Harvard. Fend for yourself, douchebag.

3 comments:

  1. Little did i know! I thought The Brain was a Yalie. I swear I saw hims singing "Boola Boola".
    No Matter I think the Ivy League is for pampered wimps: GWB, GHB, B. Clinton.... et al

    an old exJarhead
    Cerritos, Cal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacy: I read Douthat's column so you don't have to. The only memorable thing about it was the delicious irony of the sentence that appeared below the article: "Roger Cohen is on vacation."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to Harvard, too, and I love your blog, but you're right that the vast majority of Harvard types are loathsome.

    ReplyDelete