Monday, August 10, 2009

Billy Mays was a cokehead?

Wow, I hadn't been paying attention:
An official autopsy report released Friday found that cocaine use contributed to the heart disease that suddenly killed TV pitchman Billy Mays in June . . .
While heart disease was the primary cause of death, a report released Friday by the medical examiner listed cocaine as a "contributory cause of death."
The medical examiner "concluded that cocaine use caused or contributed to the development of his heart disease, and thereby contributed to his death," the office said in a press release.
The office said Mays last used cocaine in the few days before his death but was not under the influence of the drug when he died. Hillsborough County spokeswoman Lori Hudson said nothing in the toxicology report indicated the frequency of Mays' cocaine use. . . .
Cynthia Yockey casually referenced this on her blog, and I was like, "Wow. Who would have expected that?" On the other hand, thinking back on it, I guess Billy did seem a little too keyed-up about the wonders of OxiClean . . .

BTW, Cynthia called me this afternoon to say she was going to a townhall meeting with Sen. Ben Cardin (D-Md.).

"What should I ask him?" she said.

"Look, you're well-informed on the issues. Just pay attention to what he says, and what questions other people are asking, and I'm sure you'll think of something good to ask. . . . You're a natural-born troublemaker."

She was in kind of a hurry and said she didn't have time to take a shower before going to the meeting. So I figure if Cardin gives her the run-around, the headline will be:
SENATOR FLEES SWEATY LESBIAN
I'm anticipating Cynthia's report.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Robert, that moron Levi Johnston did an interview and said that Palin resigned because of marital problems and they were on the rocks from day one. Link is on Allahs twitter. Wont let me do it here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same thing happened to John Entwhistle. You can't cheat drugs, alcohol or death.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacy,

    I'd be more shocked to learn that he WASN'T sucking up blow like a vacuum cleaner. Like when Vince from ShamWow got into fisticuffs with that hooker in Miami. You just knew something like that was bound to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear it. I really liked Billy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stacy,

    Please post a retraction about Billy Mays and characterize my post accurately. My entire point was that Billy Mays died of the effects of prescription pain and anxiety medications in combination with undiagnosed obstructive sleep apnea. There is no post-mortem test I know of for obstructive sleep apnea -- the real cause of death. The cocaine use was almost certainly an attempt at self-medication to get the energy to do his job.

    If you spread the cocaine smear instead of my theory that Billy Mays' real cause of death was a lethal combination of correctly used pain medications and undiagnosed sleep apnea, more people will die needlessly.

    People's lives are at stake. Please post a retraction. I personally almost died this way. One of my friends died this way. Billy Mays died this way. People's lives are at stake!

    Also, I said I was dressed for my exercise class but didn't go and I wasn't going to change to nicer clothes for Sen. Cardin's Obamacare town hall meeting. But I had showered and was April fresh. For the record.

    I arrived a few minutes after 7 pm, which was when the meeting was scheduled to start. I was told the hall was full. Campus police ordered everyone out of the lobby because "it was policy." My impression of the very young officer asking me to leave was that he was itching to start a fight and arrest me. I decided not to ask him about his mama. I had come in the back way, so I walked out to join the crowd in the front. The crowd was about 300 people. I would say less than 10 percent were Obamacare supporters -- I figure that they packed the hall early, leaving little or no seats for opponents, so the overflow crowd that was shut-out was the opposition. I'll post photos of the signs tomorrow.

    BTW, I do appreciate the linkage and I would not scold you publicly except that I know you are man enough to take it AND PEOPLE'S LIVES ARE AT STAKE!

    Hugs and kisses, you big strong man you,

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete