Friday, April 24, 2009

Thanks for nothing, John Kerry

John Kerry, friend of the newspaper industry?
Troubled by the possible shuttering of his hometown paper, Sen. John Kerry reached out to the Boston Globe on Tuesday, then called for Senate hearings to address the woes of the nation's print media. . . .
"America's newspapers are struggling to survive, and while there will be serious consequences in terms of the lives and financial security of the employees involved, including hundreds at the Globe, there will also be serious consequences for our democracy where diversity of opinion and strong debate are paramount," Mr. Kerry said.
Please allow me to point out that no politician ever said the first damned thing about the vital importance of saving the newspaper industry as long as I was working at a newspaper.

And if Lance Burri thinks I'm going to give him any of my blogobucks, he's crazier than I am. You're not fooling me, Burri: I see through your shady little scheme!

1 comment: