Monday, October 27, 2008

Romney aides slagging Palin?

This infuriates me:
Former Mitt Romney presidential campaign staffers, some of whom are currently working for Sen. John McCain and Gov. Sarah Palin's bid for the White House, have been involved in spreading ant-Palin spin to reporters, seeking to diminish her standing after the election. . . .
Some former Romney aides were behind the recent leaks to media, including CNN, that Governor Sarah Palin was a "diva" and was going off message intentionally. The former and current Romney supporters further are pushing Romney supporters for key Republican jobs, including head of the Republican National Committee.
I'm not sure this is true, but it infuriates me either way. If it's true, then the Romney people are collaborating with liberals in their anti-Palin crusade. If it's false, then somebody's trying to do a pre-emptive strike against Mitt.

I have been harshly critical of the McCain campaign, but I don't have a dog in the fight. I'm a journalist, not a political operative, and I'm not trying to get a job in anybody's 2012 campaign. These GOP campaign professionals are a different breed. When someone's selling loyalty as a commodity, caveat emptor.

1 comment: