Sunday, June 1, 2008

Traffic stats for May

The Other McCain had more than 24,000 hits in May -- our best month ever, and close to an 800 hits-per-day average.

This total was boosted by two Instalanches, the first of which produced more than 7,500 visits in the two-day period May 17-18. In all, we had four days with 1,000+ visitors, plus an additional 11 days with 500+ visits. There were only two days (May 3 and May 22) with fewer than 300 visits.

Overall, traffic for the month of May increased nearly 50% over the total for April, which was a record 16,174 visits. With luck (and another Instalanche or two), the blog could top 30,000 visitors in June, which would put us over the 1,000-per-day average.

Thanks for the links. Thanks for the comments. Thanks for reading.

3 comments:

  1. I wonder... Do news aggregators such as google reader count toward your stats?

    "Thanks for the links. Thanks for the comments. Thanks for reading."

    Welcome, Welcome, Welcome.

    Thanks for WRITING. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I had good stats last week too. 117 visits if you please and thank you very much. Yes, that’s for a whole week.

    Besides everybody knows it’s not the size of the stats, it’s how you use them. I just happen to use them to drop f-bombs and make fun of other people’s kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope it didn't seem like I was bragging, Bob. Invidious comparisons aren't my bag. I'm just a freelance journalist trying to find a new gig, and if I can get my traffic up to where I can make some cash selling ads, that's a gig. So I'm monitoring progress toward that goal. In the meantime, I have an outlet between assignments, so that I have a reason to tell my wife, "Don't bother me now -- I'm working!"

    ReplyDelete