Monday, April 14, 2008

Gratuitous Gonzo

Shawn Macomber shoehorns this reference into a story on McCain's business advisor, Carly Fiorina:
No doubt, the picture of McCain tackling unspecified "entrenched interests" may sound to many conservative ears somewhat akin to how Bill Clinton's promise to put 100,000 new cops on the street sounded to Hunter S. Thompson when he and P.J. O'Rourke met the future president at a Little Rock restaurant in 1992. "I was up all night persuading Hunter this was not a personal threat," O'Rourke has recalled.
Don't think I'll sit idly by and let you out-Gonzo me, Macomber. If you want war, you got it.

1 comment:

  1. I never wanted war, Mr. McCain, I just wanted to offer a credible threat that would allow UN inspectors more time to examine your bookshelves and resolve this Gonzo crisis peacefully.

    ReplyDelete